Tips to store large binary files in Git-repository
Some of the alternative approaches for handling large binary files in Git repositotries .
1. Git Annex: In order to share the large binary files between a team,tracked files are stored in a different backend.
2. Git-Fat : Git-fat works in a similar manner as git lfs. Large files can be tracked using filters in "gitattributes" files.Large files are stored to any remote that can be connected through rsync.
3. Git Media: It is one of the oldest solutions available. It also uses a filter approach and supports local file system path,atoms and WebDAV as the backend for storing large files.
4. Git-bigstore : It is implemented as an alernative to git-media. It also works by storing a filter property to".gitattributes for certain file types.Amazon S3,Google cloud storage and Rackspace cloud account are supported as backends for storing the binary files.git = big storeclaims to improve the stability when collaborating between multiple people.
5. Git-sym :is the latest technology that talks about how large files are stored and linked in git-lfs,git-annex ,git-fat and git-media. Instead of calculating the checksums of the tracked large files,git-sysm mainly relies on the URls.