10 PHP Frameworks for Web Application Development
The benefits of using PHP frameworks are as follows:
• It is an extensible architecture and will make the code programming easier, sharp and secure.
• It is especially aimed to cut the cost of website development and offer quality solutions to the clients.
• Framework like Codeigniter, CakePHP,Zend, etc. support almost all database connections like SQL, MYSQL, Oracle and ODBC.
• PHP frameworks provided recycling the code and some code can be used in different projects with some modification.
• Using frameworks drastically reduce the time of the project and you can dedicate more time to specific tasks and functionality, focus on sustainable, high-quality code.
Let us have some insight into various PHP framework that can level up your development process:
1. Codeigniter: Codeigniter is a powerful PHP framework ever, the code is a simple and user-friendly interface and complete a set of libraries along with a logistic structure that makes accessing the libraries easier.
2. Symfony: Symfony is a set of PHP component for clarifies web application’s business rule, server logic, and for presentation view. Symfony framework has an ability to easy to install and configure on most platforms. It gives full control on the configuration and its tools are useful in testing, debugging and documenting the projects.
3. Yii Framework: Yii framework has come with its simple coding structure and open source software background, which allows the developer to use various widgets and extensions. This caching feature of Yii framework can store data in various form like, support APC, DAO/ActiveRecord, I18N and L10N are rich features that make loading of web application quickly.
4. Laravel: Laravel is the most popular framework among developers due to the most economical and the fastest PHP based web development framework. If you want to develop web application within a restricted timeframe, then Laravel can be the best bet. Laravel aims to make the development method a pleasant one for the developer.It is a clean and classy framework which saves your time, effort and makes web development a joy.
5. CakePHP : CakePHP is an open source development that utilized bug-free, flexible and well-structured coding to develop a website for small, medium and large businesses with a short period of time. It also makes use of less coding for constructing a website in contrary to other PHP frameworks.
6. Zend: The goal of the Zend framework is to simplify web development while maintaining object-oriented best practices for building web 2.0 applications and web services. It is object-oriented and includes fluent interfaces with rich a library for extensive usage in applications. It is compatible with diverse databases such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL and much more.
7. Phalcon: It is a full stack framework with written in C and C++ to reach the highest level of performance. You don’t have to learn C language, since the functionality is exposed as PHP classes ready for you to use for any application. The main goal of phalcon is to make a robust performance, rich in features and easy to use.
8. Slim: Slim is PHP micro framework that useful for developing RESTful APIs and services. It is quickly and easily write web application which a developer can build an amazing thing.It is also used as a resource locator that define you to how your desired objects will be constructed.
9. FuelPHP: FuelPHP is simple, flexible and community developed exclusively for PHP 5.3. FuelPHP is MVC( Model-View-Controller) framework that was designed from the ground up to have full support for HMVC (Hierarchical Model-View-Controller) as part of its architecture. Unlike other frameworks like CodeIgniter and Yii, FuelPHP claims that it will be providing features such as input and URL filtering and output encoding.
10. PHPixie: PHPixie is creating a high-performance framework for a read-only website and implements the HMVC design pattern just like FuelPHP which can be build by used independent components as well without the uses of framework itself.